Banner

Banner

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Shaky Days


Blimey the days fly by of late. For those of you checking in from afar - i.e. outside of New Zealand, we here in Christchurch experienced an earthquake on 22 February 2011 (and 04 September 2010). The city is munted (the new 'in' word here). Life has been hectic, scary, unsettling, sleepless .....

For me, one bit of good news is that I have just recently been awarded my Fellowship of the Nature Photographers Society of New Zealand. For this I had to submit a set of 18 matted images to the NPSNZ Honours Board. I received the good news on 19 March. The set was a series of close up sand pattern images taken over a six day period in the Rub Al Khali of Oman close to the Saudi Arabia border. Here is one of the 18 images.

As well, the earthquake has brought me a heap of unexpected work in the form of repairs and quotes for damaged artwork. This will keep me busy for some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment