Banner

Banner

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Musings




Stop the world, I want to get off! Where does the time go?


For the month of February I co-hosted another exhibition out at the Selwyn Gallery in Darfield. I exhibited with my brother Barry (woodcuts) and his wife, Catherine (paintings) - the theme this time "Poles Apart", depicting both Arctic and Antarctic regions, and celebrating the centenary of Scott and Amundsen reaching the South Pole. In terms of sales, the exhibition was not as successful as the one we had two years ago, but then the viewer would need to have a specific interest in polar regions. All three of sold items so we were not disappointed.


I feel a new camera coming on - I have for quite some time, but have been procrastinating. The temptation to go upmarket with megapixels is not there. The thought of going simple with an advanced compact is there but would frustrate me quickly I think. More a second camera for in the mountains maybe when I finally give up carrying my DSLR and getting a sore neck!!


Have sold many of my older lenses and have started to buy new state of the art lenses - which means I guess I'll have to stay in the Nikon market for the time being. I feel the purchase will be soon - I've (almost) made up my mind.


Now, all I need is time! I'm supposedly retired, so who is to blame then??

No comments:

Post a Comment