Banner

Banner

Monday, July 28, 2014

History Revealed?

Remember my blog from a few months ago re the Majestic Theatre?
Well here I am banging on again - but in a slightly different vein.
On the same day I was there last time watching the old lady being nibbled at with little sensitivity, I noticed two areas - one on the east wall and the other on the north wall - which had appeared. These were revealed, not so much due to the demolition of the Majestic Theatre itself, but due to the surrounding buildings which had previously been demolished.

Majestic Theatre - East Wall
Majestic Theatre - North Wall
If you inspect these two images carefully, you will see that the concrete wall of the theatre has been poured directly against the back of these two old walls - one corrugated iron and the other wooden.

I wonder what these buildings were? Even now, only a short time after these buildings were destroyed, I've forgotten what was there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment