Banner

Banner

Friday, June 24, 2011

Graffiti 'Show and Tell' Day

Blimey the days fly by in this city lately. Am sure it has nothing to do with getting older!!
My 'Coffeeshot' girls went back to the Addington Sale Yards yesterday - I turned up for 10 minutes to check they were comfortable with the environment and had an escape strategy in case of a big aftershock. I couldn't resist a few photos before heading to the gym.
This morning we all met up (coffee included of course) and evaluated each others work. It never ceases to amaze me how 5 people in a relatively confined space can find such differing subject matter to photograph. They captured some excellent images.
This image here kept drawing me back. She is obviously a young girl who died at the tender age of 21. Someone dear to her has produced this stunning graffiti art in memory of her. If I have offended anyone by posting this here, my sincere apologies. My intent was to honour her. Contact me and I will remove the image from my blog if this upsets you.

1 comment:

  1. Too PC John, the person doing that graffiti should be pleased you posted it. If anyone was to complain about the image they should to the artist. Maybe I'm out of touch with the new world of communication - someone once told be I shouldn't shout at people in my text messages - I was just trying to make my texting easier! Great image.
    BB

    ReplyDelete