Banner

Banner

Friday, July 1, 2011

It's All About Movement

It's all about movement.
That's about all we live and breathe in Canterbury of late - there is always something moving! The earth (will it ever stop?), the trucks, our belongings, ourselves........ the adrenaline gives it's multi-daily bursts and affects some of us more than others.
But life goes on.
I was up at Photo and Video in Merivale Mall a few days ago to collect an image enlargement.






Who should be there but Tony Bridge and his wife, down from Hanmer. No doubt in between his many winter workshops. I am looking forward to hearing his pearls of wisdom at Winter School in Hokitika in three weeks time.
Meeting up with tony reminded me that it was exactly 12 months ago that Chris and I were last up at Hanmer in the campervan and with our mountain bikes - awesome winter weather but frosts like the Arctic! On one of the many bikerides around the Hanmer forests I experimented with movement. I'd never got around to checking the images until now. Some interesting results. I tried again yesterday with a local subject (or rather what's left of it), but that's a story for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment