Banner

Banner

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Five Star Memories


Those of you who know Christchurch will know the Crowne Plaza Hotel. Well, here it is now - a heap of rubble - not even a shadow of its former self. Although I am personally not one for fancy hotels, I have enjoyed some good meals here. Our son-in-law used to work there as a bar manager and then as purchasing manager. In my formative years (I'd like to think I was still forming!) Victoria Street used to run right through here.
The upper image shows the heap that remains and very soon to disappear, leaving yet another cleared vacant space.
The lower image is ~5-6 images stitched together. The road to the left is Kilmore Street looking east. The road on the right is Durham Street looking south.
The city's town hall is just to the left of the rubble. The verdict is still out as to whether it too comes down - like most of the high rise buildings in the background.
Ho hum.

No comments:

Post a Comment