Banner

Banner

Friday, May 16, 2014

Graffiti #4

I've banged on about this subject on three previous occasions - and I'm guessing this won't be the last.
I've grown to like and appreciate street art and good graffiti over the past few years. I think some of it is very clever. One of the best spots locally was the old Canterbury Sales yards and I've spent many hours on my own and with fellow photographers capturing the ever changing art there. Sadly it has recently gone - the site is clear.
I was incensed last week when I discovered this in town.


I had always understood that 'artists' respected each others work - particularly when it came to street art. How naive was I!! The tagging in the lower right was obviously deliberate - the tagger set out to ruin the street art already there. There was a huge blank wall further to the right. Moronic!

No comments:

Post a Comment