Banner

Banner

Friday, May 27, 2011

Born Again - briefly!!

I met with the 'Coffeeshots' girls this morning for a few hours. Great cafe - good coffee and excellent scones!
An enthusiastic and lovely group - yearning to absorb. Their challenge for the next two weeks is 'munted' - the new word in Christchurch.
It got me thinking - although I'm flat out with framing, if I set them the challenge, then I should be prepared to accept it myself. So, mid afternoon I slipped away from the workshop for a five minute shoot. Yeah right!! (I feel I have a historic right to that 'yeah right' quote - the Tui brand hails from the Mangatainoka Brewery, just north of Pahiatua, where my Mum was born and my Dad settled with his parents after they emigrated from Wales - and where they met). The guy responsible for the demolition was up for a chat. One hour later....!! Apparently it is going to cost me a coffee when I go back there next week. So here it is.... and now I'd better get back to the framing!
We're off to Coleridge for the weekend, but that's another story.
By the way, the building in the image was ~120 years old. It was bought ~30 years ago by 60 members of a lapidary club. Figure out how much each of them would have paid back then - and what it might be worth today - just for the land. The building is 'munted'!!

No comments:

Post a Comment