Banner

Banner

Friday, May 17, 2013

Do You Know Who I am?

No, not me silly. With a name like mine how could you know - even if you wanted to know - if I wanted you to know! There are a few of us around and I've met a good number over the years. Surely my lovely parents would not have burdened me with the name if it was so common (popular is the word I prefer) 65 years ago. But I guess it must have been.
But I'm not talking about me - I'm referring to Aaron "Do you know who I am" Gilmour. A list MP until a few days ago - a plonker who taught us (or should have) all a lesson.
For anyone who does not know who he is - and that is likely even if you live here in NZ - simply google the name and I'm sure the details of his recent plonkish activities will be revealed.
The Perspective editorial in this morning's Press was brilliant and summed the plonker up succinctly.
Words like honesty, responsibility, humility, acceptance come to mind.
I'll waste no more of my time with this - nor yours. Enjoy today and learn from this plonker (not the word I'd usually use but perfectly acceptable and expressive in this media.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, as I remember, Mum wanted to call you Philip, but Dad got his way and you were called 'John'..... kt

    ReplyDelete