Banner

Banner

Friday, June 29, 2012

On Yer Bike Laddie Boy

I've been relatively lame for over three months - the right knee that is!!
X-rays and MRI scan results were not looking optimistic. The Sports Med doctor reckoned I was probably up for a knee replacement - really not good news - the bottom lip was out.
Several weeks ago I got to see the Orthopaedic Surgeon - one of the best I'm told on good authority.
"You're nowhere near needing a knee replacement - there's heaps of cartilige left to wear away yet. I don't really go by the MRI scan - you've heaps of abuse indicated there but it's not that bad. I prefer to go by the plain x-rays which aren't so bad (thanks Rach). But your running days are over - walk and tramp all you like - and get on your bike!"
And so I am.
About the same time as I saw the surgeon, Gloucester Street and Durham Street were opened up to one way traffic. A good chance for a bikeride - but not before a 5 degree frost delayed a planned early start.
I still wonder why we put ourselves through this torture of viewing the inner city as it continues to be 'deconstructed'. The coffee was good though.
This building is on the corner of Cathedral Square (or is that Cathedral-less Square?) and Colombo Street by Gloucester Street. The sad thing is, we can't remember what the building was that abutted this structure - that is so common for the locals. But I did like the impression it left behind on the wall. And the pigeon aloft above maybe provides some hope.........................!!

No comments:

Post a Comment