Banner

Banner

Monday, June 23, 2014

Of History and Coffee

My wanderings of the Christchurch CBD, usually to show visitors around the ever changing state of the area, invariably leave me in a morose state for a few days.
To bolster myself I continue to search for new items to photograph - the options are a constant variable - as buildings continue to be demolished, new street art appears, access changes, etc, etc.
Sometimes you need to go that extra step or two - around a corner, through a doorway, slip through an insecure fence........! You can only be shouted at or told politely to remove yourself - sometimes not so politely.
On a recent foray, I found a wall that up until recently had another wall abutted to it, but was no longer. A window had appeared - opaque glass. Eyes had not peered through this window for many a decade. A loo maybe?? Nevertheless it appealed to me.
Room with no view?
Oh, and what about the coffee I hear you cry? This old building is in High St adjacent to the intersection with Tuam Street. Directly over the road is C1 cafe - arguably one of the better caffeine establishments in town, and a regular haunt for my granddaughter and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment