Banner

Banner

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Quick Trip to Oz

Blimey, I started to write a blog three weeks ago, but - as per usual, life intervened.
Now where was I? Juliet (daughter #2) had made the wise decision to move from her tiny flat in north Melbourne to an older but much larger and nicer house a few kilometres away in the same suburb. It was a task she couldn't really manage on her own and as she had very little in the way of support over there, I chose to be the good Dad and go help her.
What neither of us knew at that time was that Juliet (who is a Production Manager for a film company) was to be totally involved in a three day shoot at exactly the same time as the shift. Poor Julz didn't know what to do - or say, or which way to turn.
"Get over it" says Dad. Hire me a truck with a sack barrow, and then get on with what you have to do!!
I did get her shifted basically in the one day I had the truck (a modern Mercedes - very impressive!) but my knuckles were dragging on the ground and I learned that I wasn't getting any younger (denial).


After finishing off last minute jobs on the last day, I cleaned up and jumped on a tram into the city for a well earned coffee before getting the bus to the aiport and home. Whilst in the CBD I captured these two images on my mate's new Canon G12 - Melbourne has some great architecture. It is one of my favourite cities.
Enjoy your new home Julz and Shea.


No comments:

Post a Comment