Banner

Banner

Thursday, August 21, 2014

New Brighton Pier - yet again

I can't seem to help myself!
Twice a year - April and August - the sun rises exactly off the end of the pier as the sun moves south in spring, and north in autumn. With the help of TPE (explained previously) I know which day it is.
Then all that is needed is good weather, a suitable tide, and some enthusiasm.
I've done it all before - many times. But I keep being drawn back to this pier because it offers so much. Look back over my blogs - surprised??
It is not just the photography that attracts me. What a superb place to herald another beautiful day - especially during the week when the beach is largely free of walkers, runners, dog walkers, etc.
It is a freeing hour or so - from the first hint of dawn to the sun breaking over the horizon.
Good for the soul.

New Brighton Pier at dawn
Sunrise
Another perfect day in paradise?
Irresistible Beauty
......and whilst waiting for that magical moment when the great orb graces us with its glory, I look about - inevitably towards the peninsula................

Banks Peninsula and Pegasus Bay
Some days, it really is good to be alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment