Banner

Banner

Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Blob out day and a new Blogger

Queen's birthday Sunday.
I was meant to be up well before sparrowfart and off out to Godley Head to capture the dawn with a photography friend. Alas, last night's weather forecast did not look good.
The alarm was off but I still awoke at the crack of dawn. Damn - not a cloud in the sky and the stars still twinkling in the early dawn. Bother!!
So, what to do? Chris and I slung the bikes on the back of the 4WD and off we went - the weather was deteriorating already. An hour after leaving the vehicle we were sitting on a log at Spencerville beach having a brew - as you do on a Sunday morning at 1000!!! What a wonderful track. Next time we won't stop until we get to the mouth of the Waimakariri River, Canterbury's iconic and well respected river.
Last evening my big brother, Barry, announced to me that he too has finally set up a blog. Now this guy - my big brother - is worth following. He is an adventurer, an artist, a poet, a photographer, and mountaineer - and good all round chap. He is very special to me. Check out his blog - http://www.barrysinparadise.blogspot.com/ He describes his blog as an "old chap's reminiscences"
So there you are - two brothers mutual admiration society!! Follow us at your peril. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment