Banner

Banner

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Godley Head

We got there 24 hours later. In total darkness, the stars twinkled and the Southern Cross pointed out South in the last moments of the night. As the dawn crept towards us, so did the clouds - fast. The wind picked up off the sea. Undeterred, two of us beavered away for a few hours, with me almost totally devoting my time within the gun emplacement. I was finally defeated by my camera batteries - three fully charged batteries giving up the ghost in two hours. But they were given a hard time with long exposures and occasional fill flashes.
We arrived home to learn of a big aftershock and the demise of my computer - possibly related.
Funny how much you miss your computer when it goes into hospital.
Now fortunately back up and running with nothing lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment