Banner

Banner

Friday, June 3, 2011

Sick Note Moment!

I have been meaning to rework this image for ages - and the blog has finally inspired me to do it.
The original image was captured in December last year. I'd made a plan to take the campervan up to Mt White Bridge near Arthur's Pass with the aim of doing some late evening monochrome photography. By the time I got there late afternoon I was feeling 'rat shit'.
Ah well, I'd made the effort to get up there, so finally forced myself out of the van and armed with tripod and camera bag, set off into the dusk. Well, despite how I felt, it was one of the better photo shoots I'd had in ages. I've been struggling with my photography for ages, so was hoping this might be one of the 'kick start' moments - and indeed it was!
One of the four photographic societies I belong to is PPNZ (Photography with Pixels NZ). With this group it is possible to post images for others members to critique. This they did with this image and I've just now worked on it some more with Lightroom and Photoshop and am now pretty happy with it. I'm sure with time and more expertise on my part, it could be further improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment