Banner

Banner

Friday, June 3, 2011

Dead Munted

It's Friday - the day the 'Coffeeshots' girls meet up. I'd set them a task last week - two in fact - 'munted' and 'single tree'.
I was out having a coffee with my brother in law this afternoon and had my camera and tripod in the vehicle. I felt a little guilty having set them the tasks and me doing nothing, so decided to drive home via the Sydenham Cemetery. I bike through there quite regularly and had previously spotted this - and others - as a result of the earthquake in February.
Sad thing is, the Christchurch City Council are now saying that most of the damaged headstones throughout the city's cemeteries may never be repaired. Mmmmm...........
It is amazing how quickly you attract attention when you set up your camera and tripod in the failing light and start poking around headstones!!

No comments:

Post a Comment