Banner

Banner

Friday, July 8, 2011

Evening Catch

Yesterday I spoke of reflections and reflecting.
I continued to reflect as I beavered away in the workshop, wishing I was out there, camera in hand, capturing a few good images. I really do need to re-prioritise and make the effort to get out and about. I have made some diary notes (for those who know my love affair with my diary, don't laugh!) for future dates in the not too distant future. Watch this space!
In the meantime and reflecting on, I recalled the moment this image was captured. Alone on the remote Kakapotahi beach on the West Coast of the South Island, I had packed up my camera bag and tripod after a beautiful sunset sequence, and was walking back to my 4WD in the remains of dusk, tripod over shoulder without a care in the world, when out the corner of my eye I spotted this scene in a puddle on the track. What is it I hear you cry? Maybe it is just a heap of untidy driftwood in a muddy pool. In fact that is all it is. But what I saw was a fish and the colour was the sky reflected in the muddy pool, the driftwood - all four pieces of it - also being reflected. Hence the title "Evening Catch". Study it closely. The exposure was ~25 seconds.
And still I continue to reflect.................

No comments:

Post a Comment