Banner

Banner

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Full Moon - yeah right!!

Last Friday evening was full moon. The TPE website (The Photographer's Ephemeris - look it up - it's brilliant) told me the moon was to rise at 1713 approximately 30 degrees to the right of the New Brighton Pier. The weather had been pretty good all day so of course it should have been a great night for full moon photography as it rose out of the sea with the pier as a foreground. Yeah right!! As so often happens, as I drove towards the beach, the clouds scudded over - more and more. What moon??
I texted daughter Rachael and granddaughter Arna who live at South Brighton and told them where I was. Within minutes I had company - but still no moon. We experimented and before long the pier lights came on. Now I have to say at this point that the favourite colour for both Rachael and Arna is purple, so we played more with colours. Now when you are doing long exposures and the pier colours are changing constantly, it is not easy to get the colours you want. Persistence paid off and we did manage a few reasonable images.
But I'm not totally happy and will go back and try harder - and also ensure all the settings on my camera are as they should be - and I'll remember to bring my headlamp!
The moon appeared as I getting into the vehicle to go home!
Thanks for the company guys. A great, if not cold, start to Arna's school holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment