Banner

Banner

Friday, July 29, 2011

Time - or lack of it - and Family

Why does life flash by so fast I ask? Why, it was only a few moments ago I was at the pier I say. The calendar tells me otherwise - that was two weeks ago!! Since that night I have captured ~500 images and what do I have to show for it? Nothing!!
- Old trucks (yet another passion) at Leeston
- Little River (ginger crunch and coffee)
- LTWS at Hokitika (exceeded my expectations)
- Lyttelton (Cofishot girls today).
Images galore but none attended to. Oh the joys of the digital age!!

So where do I start??
Family of course. The rest will come later - inshallah.
Big brother Barry banged on the door yesterday and presented me with his autobiography "One Foot After Another - a memoir of an active life". Catherine, his long suffering wife, and two grandchildren appeared too. A great catch up -wish they lived here in ChCh with us - fat chance of that after all the shite this city has been exposed to of late!!
Snow!! Heaps of it - for this fair city anyway. We arrived home from the West coast on Monday - 1.9 degrees the max!! Just managed to negotiate the campervan into its park. An igloo had been built in the reserve earlier in the day - who knows who built it - but they did a superb job. A 'must see' for my great nieces (think I've got that right), so here they are in their element, exploring the unknown - just like their Grandad in his autobiography.
Hope I don't come out too badly in the book. I did break his birds eggs and pee down his back once. But he is a loveable rogue!!

No comments:

Post a Comment