Banner

Banner

Thursday, July 7, 2011

On Reflecting

"Tis a time for reflecting!
I've set the 'Coffeeshots' group the subject "Reflections". Why this subject right now? I love photographing reflections of all kinds. Unfortunately I haven't had the time over the past week or so to get out there and capture a few reflections. The framing business has been keeping me out of mischief too much!
The recent earthquakes and aftershocks have resulted in several cancelled adventures, but has not stopped me reflecting on past adventures - expeditions, travels, great memories, etc.
So I've selected these two images, both of which bring back great memories.
The building is the Halaszbastya (The Fisherman's Bastion) in Budapest, Hungary, reflected in the windows of the modern Hilton Hotel in Buda. It was a chance observation as Chris and I were playing tourists during a 6 week Eastern Europe adventure some years ago.
A few seconds after this image was taken, poor Chris was almost knocked out by me when I thought I was being robbed. It turned it was only Chris being friendly and putting her hand around me as we waited at a pedestrian crossing!!
This second image is at the West Arm of Lake Benmore. It doesn't require any detailed explanation. It constantly reminds me of the lovely country we live in here in NZ. The wide open spaces and the beautiful silence you hear in remote areas of this beautiful country.
I shall continue to reflect - frequently!!

No comments:

Post a Comment