Banner

Banner

Monday, July 11, 2011

Of Movement and Movement!

Just over a week ago I mentioned I was playing with movement again on a local subject.
Well that subject was Rapaura - Shag Rock, out at Redcliffs. Shag Rock, an important landmark to local Maori, is now unfortunately a shadow of its former self. The rock stood at the mouth of the Avon/Heathcote estuary (see blog 12 May 2011) and was an icon to Christchurch residents since the inception of the city ~1850.
On 4 September 2010 in the first earthquake it was given a severe shaking with many rocks falling off it. On 22 February 2011 the major quake completely demolished it and it now looks like a broken tooth. A sad end to a grand landmark. I drove out there before dawn ~10 days ago to endeavour to replicate the image shown in the 12 May blog - more on that later as time allows. In the meantime I was keen to play with my newly acquired x10 ND filter. Here is the result - my attempt to mimic the moment at 1251 on 22 February 2011 when the earth shook violently.

No comments:

Post a Comment